Sunday, March 14, 2010

How do I go about keeping my canvas slip-ons clean?

They were like $10 and I figured they would be good for yard work or when I go off-roading (activities where my nicer shoes will NOT work). Is there a special treatment I could use later or will water just work? Thanks!

How do I go about keeping my canvas slip-ons clean?
I have canvas slips ons for gardening too. Two hints, you can wash them in the machine without bleach (which turns canvass yellow) in cold water with regular detergent. And, spray them with scotchguard (like the type you use on carpet and upholstery) and they will stay cleaner longer and resist stains. Finally, if you wear them without socks like I do, get them wet occasionally, sprinkle some powder in them from time to time to keep them and your feet smelling nice.
Reply:the best soap I find for this is the good old fashioned soap bar soap, you know the kind for washing clothes , normally brown in color. You can by this in your local hardware store. Wash in cold water , rub the soap in . Leaving the soap on %26amp; free from water, leave for 1/2 hr, then back to the cold water . Rinse well and hang them outside to dry in the sun . They will be like new again if you do it this way



car audio

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


special shoes © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting