Friday, March 12, 2010

95 Pontiac Grand Am Brakes. HELP!?

I need to change the rear brakes in my 95 pontiac grand am, I need to know how much of a pain it is to change the shoes and drums? Is there any special thing that need to be dune or is it a simple as the pads and shoes were on the front?

95 Pontiac Grand Am Brakes. HELP!?
Do you have 4 wheel disc or rear drum brakes? If you have rear drum brakes then I would bring it to a shop and have them install new brakes.
Reply:If you have drum brakes, you will need special spring removal and installation tools. Pay careful attention to the order you remove the springs and the way they are facing.





Do only one side at a time so you can use the opposite side as a reference in case you forget how something was installed.





It's not a hard job, but you will need to get the right tools.





Rick





I'm a retired ASE Master/L-1 Technician. I still keep current with the latest automotive technology. Visit my blog for cool articles and TSB's: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogspot....



dog skin problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


special shoes © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting