Sunday, March 14, 2010

I need a proper manuscript editor?

I am a amateur writer and need help with editing my book.





My story begins in Cape Town on 8th January 1970, a day I will never forget no matter how I try. My 5th birthday. The family consisted of five boys: William age 17; Edward 14; Andrew 12; Melvin 9; Michael 7 and three girls, Amelia age 15, Francis 8 and myself. With all these mouths to feed I had quickly learned not to expect any special treatment as mum always said we’re just too poor to waste anything. Shopping for clothes, shoes or food was a long, awaited special event. Only when my father would arrive back from long distance trips as a truck driver for Freighters Removals. On that day, if we were lucky, we were allowed one sweet each. Clothes and shoes were only purchased for the eldest as it was handed down to the others as they grew. Being a mere, toddler I didn’t know any better and just enjoyed life the way it was presented to me.

I need a proper manuscript editor?
Is it possible for you to find a critique group or partner, either online or in your town/area? It's better if you find peers to look over your work and provide you with constructive critiques than to pay anyone to doctor your writing.





And I'm not talking about friends and family because they are going to hesitate to point out flaws. They care about you and would be afraid of hurting your feelings, while critique partners can be professional and seriously point out things that need work.





I also wouldn't rely on the people here at Yahoo. You really can't be sure who you're dealing with and a lot of people are going to give you false praise because they either don't have a clue how to edit and just want 2 points or they simply don't care.





Do a search on Yahoo Groups for writing groups and see if you can't find some serious writers. Good luck.



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


special shoes © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting