Friday, November 6, 2009

Best way to increase my vertical jump, for basketball?

Hello!





I've heard that some weight belt, or special boots called Jump Shoes would help me out.





I am over 6 feet, but under 6 foot 1.





Please help me out here, as my current jump is, virtually pathetic!





Thanks in advance,





Panarchy

Best way to increase my vertical jump, for basketball?
The best program out there that i have found for increased vertical is luke lowrey's double your vertical leap...


it is linked to on this page http://increasedvertical.blogspot.com/
Reply:calve muscle workout. and the foot weights + belt weights help alot too. When i was in high school i had alot of trouble trying to reach the top of the volleyball net. Being 5'8 that doesn't help either. So i tried the foot weights. 2kgs on each leg and my legs cramped all the time. the first week was a nightmare, people laughed at me all the time coz it seemed like a lost cause. So i started running more in the mornings to improve my fitness (with the weights of course) and to get used to having that much weight on my feet. I promised myself to do it for 6 weeks and my aim was to touch the bottom of the backboard at home consistently and repetitively. It was a nightmare to begin with. But once i started touching the board then i knew i was getting better. Now i spike pretty well and i control the ball alot better at the net height. Plus i can touch the basketball ring now. Thats an effort for a guy my size.



microsoft

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


special shoes © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting